The shower is an excellent place to have strange and unique thoughts. But how many of us are really grateful to have indoor plumbing in our homes, offices, schools, and other public places. We hardly spare any thoughts towards it as long as they are working fine. However, if anything were to happen to the plumbing system, be it a major pipe burst or a minor leaky faucet, it has the potential to make the place inhospitable. The plumbing system is believed to have started in India nearly 5,000 years ago during one of the first known human civilization. However, it wasn’t until a century ago that indoor plumbing was common.
Reasons for Hiring Plumbers for Maintaining the Plumbing System
Like everything else, plumbing also requires regular care and maintenance. Experts suggest that the plumbing system of a house should be evaluated once every two years by certified plumbers such as the team of Brisbane Plumber, to detect any damages during the initial stages itself. Here are some of the reasons why you should hire certified professional plumbers such as Brisbane Plumber for regular maintenance of your indoor plumbing:
- Mold: These are tiny fungi which occur in hidden and moist conditions, such as that created by leaking water. They can cause several respiratory and other health problems in varying severity for the people living in the house. Regular maintenance of the indoor plumbing system also helps to detect these and take necessary measures to remove them.
- Back-up Water: Plumbing is responsible for transporting clean water to the house as well as removing the used water from the house. It should be regularly checked that these pipelines are at the specified distance from each other to ensure that no cross-contamination can take place and the water which you get is safe for consumption.
- Water Heater: Water heaters start to become corroded and prone to leaks after a certain lifespan. Their efficiency diminishes and they cannot produce sufficient hot water. In such cases, the plumbers can check these heaters to see if they can be salvaged and how long it may continue to work as well as replace them if need be.
- Lead: Consumption of lead is proven to be extremely dangerous. However, before the dangers of lead were known, pipelines used to contain lead in them. This is why several houses which were built before the ban, still have lead pipelines. In this case, the pipelines and the lead content in the drinking water should be regularly checked to ensure that it is safe to drink.
- Hidden Leaks: Finally, with regular wear and tear of the pipes, minor leaks can develop over time which can pose a greater threat if they are left untreated. The plumbers can detect these leaks during the regular maintenance to repair them or replace the pipes to protect them against further damage.
In addition to these, the plumbers can also check and fix other minor problems in your indoor plumbing system. It should also be noted that although there are several videos and articles on the internet to help you fix the minor problems, you should not resort to them. You should always hire experienced and certified plumbers from agencies such as Brisbane Plumber as you can end up worsening the situation because of your lack of experience.
Brisbane Plumber provides affordable plumbing solutions in Brisbane City and surrounding suburbs. They are a team of experienced and certified plumbers with complete knowledge of the rules and regulations imposed in the area. Their years of experience and extensive knowledge help them to provide hassle-free plumbing solutions. You can visit their website, email them and call them at any time to talk to an expert and get a free quote